Pages

Saturday 24 January 2015

Motivation

Okay, so I didn't promise that I'd blog about this all the time, but I also never said I wouldn't at all either! 

Here I sit, on the couch. After downloading the "couch-to-5k" app, I have been gung ho to start running for a couple of days now. So tonight, although I have a wicked cold, I laced up my running shoes and hopped on the treadmill. I should also have mentioned that I have never ran a day in my life. Armed with my fitspiration playlist and my bottle of water, I did just what the app told me to do... A brisk walk. Hmmm! This is not so hard! But....

After about 5 minutes, a little voice chimed in through my headphones... "Let's jog!" Whoa there Nelly, one step at a time here. But I did as I was told and quickened my pace. It took about one minute for me to start feeling light headed, and as soon as the cheerful lady said "walk" again, it was off the treadmill for me.

So we're back to where we started. Back on the couch, I'm kind of feeling like I failed. Surely it can't be that hard to walk for 1.5 minutes, run for one, and so on... Can it? Only time will tell.

How do you motivate yourself to do something you've really been dreading? Any tips appreciated...

Until next time!
Liv (gasping for air) Loves

No comments:

Post a Comment